2.10.1 Invite companies to participate and gather technical information
Based on the stakeholder analysis, NMI identifies unsatisfied demand for calibration of specific instruments (e.g. analytical balances, testing machines, etc).
Talk to them about:
- The benefits for the company.
- The economic and social impact of metrology.
- Metrology and positive impacts on their competitiveness
- The relationship between product quality and metrology.
2.10.2 Identify Supplier (NMI from the region) to provide calibration services
NMI identifies in the region another experienced NMI (if possible with accreditation or CMCs in the requested field) and negotiates conditions to support, coach or outsource the calibration of its customers.
2.10.3 Determine the terms of reference of the project
Prepare a document on terms of reference. Include, at least the following elements:
- Conditions for participating users.
- Conditions for subcontracted NMI.
- Flowchart & timetable.
- Cost calculation & Cost – benefit relation.
- Logistics & Resources.
2.10.4 Coordinate and group interested companies for the group calibration
Contact interested companies and inform them of:
- Terms of references.
- Requirements for the equipments.
- Calibration cost.
Follow up with the interested companies and ask for confirmation.
2.10.5 Prepare logistics for the group calibration exercise
Prepare the logistics on:
- Dates for receiving the equipments and fee participation.
- Reception of equipments.
- General procedure of the exercise.
Communicate the logistics to the confirmed companies.