1.5.1. Selection of survey team
The personnel who conducts the survey must have the following characteristics:
a) Have a completed vision on NMI capabilities.
b) Have knowledge on metrology concepts.
c) Have enough time to complete the survey in the expected time.
Select people who have these characteristics.
1.5.2. Define and develop methodology and survey format
Design a survey form. The survey form must have the following characteristics:
- Short: People have no time to answer more than 10 questions.
- Focused: Select exclusively the key survey aspects related to the purpose of the survey.
- Friendly: Use simple vocabulary and friendly answer options.
Selection of the sample to interview
The interviewed people must have the following characteristics:
- have previous experience with the NMI and metrology.
- be interested in improving its measurements quality.
- be a representative sample of the type of clients of the NMI.
1.5.3. Conduct the survey.
Collect and organize answers.
1.5.4 Analyse survey
Extract the data of the survey and tabulate it.
You can use software that allows you to manipulate the data or make consults.
1.5.5. Present, share or publish the survey results
Preparation of the report
Prepare an executive report with the processed data and the additional information you obtained.
Present the information using Graphs.
Present the report to the Top Management
Schedule a meeting to present the report to the top management.
Present the report to the Top Management.
Analyse the NMI supply with the Top Management.
Analyse the feasibility of offering the services identified in the supply survey.
Identifiy ways to improve existing services.
Share or publish the results
Depending of the project, maybe you can share or publish the results to specific people.