1.1.1 Define objective of the analysis
This analysis is important because it focuses on the users that are interested in the new service. So, it is advisable to define the objective of the stakeholder analysis.
1.1.2 Identify and cluster users, stakeholders and potential partners.
Criteria for clustering target groups:
- Sector (agriculture, manufacturing).
- Type of user group (industry, testing lab).
- Type of user in each user group (e.g. Industry: SMEs, international company).
- Existing and potential clients.
- Identify economic and social drivers in your country (food industry, tourism, agroprocessing).
- Identify key players from these Economic drivers.
- Identify suppliers of goods and services for these key players
1.1.3 Collect information about the most important actors and their interest in participation.
Once you have chosen the representative actors, perform a documental investigation that allows you to get more information about the selected companies or organizations.
The basic data you must have are listed below:
- Products and services produced or provided in the company/organization.
- Key processes for producing goods or developing services.
- Certification (e.g.ISO 9001 ) or Accreditation (e.g. ISO 17025).
- Regulations for the product or service.
- Main national and international clients.
- Size of the company, laboratory etc.
- Key contacts in the company (e.g. staff involved in measurements, quality manager etc.).
Based on this information formulate a hypothesis about possible metrological challenges.
Arrange meetings for interviewing the potential stakeholders and find out about their interests.
1.1.4 Analyze results
Create a team of experts with competencies in different disciplines (Quality, Metrology, Industry Process, NMI) and analyze the results of Step 1.1
- How is the relationship among the actors?
- How is the relationship among the NMI and the actors?
- Are there chambers?
Potential outcomes of the analysis:
- Identification of potential partners.
- Identification of stakeholders from Government.
- Identification of stakeholders from Industry.
- Identification of staregulatory entities.