Tool 3.2 Carry out Consultancy pilot projects
|Description||Implement the consultancy service, as designed, in a selected company (pilot).
A consultancy pilot project is an experience for:
- Having an approaching to the typical characteristics of the industry in which the service will be offer.
- Testing the design of the methodology.
- Training the consultant team.
- Raising awareness in the industry regarding the need of having a deeper consultancy.
|Objectives||- Define the scope of the Counsultancy and according to the scope define the duration of it.
- Test if the design of the consultancy service fits to the real situation in the industry.
- Make adjustments to the consultancy service.
- Train (in-situ) the consultant team.
- Show presence in the industry and advertise/promote the new service.
|When to apply||Implementation phase|
|Requirements||- Select a company which considers the NMI as a competent entity and leader in quality and metrology.
- Tool 2.6 'Preparation of consultancy pilot project'
|Resources||Low to medium (travel expenses).|
|Limits of the tool||High and long-term investments for training of consultants|
Note: The recommendations presented at this point are based on the MESURA Methodology Consultancy from CENAM
|3.2.1 Be alert of identifying three levels of knowledge.
3.2.2.Conduct an opening meeting.
3.2.3 Interview personnel in the process line and labs.
3.2.4 Conduct a closing session.
3.2.5.Proccess the results and share it with the company and stakeholders.
|Templates||Process map (Annex 2.6/F1)
Metrological needs (Annex 2.6/F2)
Standards and instruments (Annex 2.6/F3)
Procedures (Annex 2.6/F4)
Personnel (Annex 2.6/F5)
Note: These templates were shared by the MESURA Program from CENAM
|Example(s)||Pilot experiences in 3 companies from Food, pharmaceutical and metal-mechanic sectors, conduced by LATU (Annex 3.2/E1)|