What is the content of this Guide?
This guide presents a compilation of recommendations and tools based on the experiences shared by the participating National Metrology Institutes (NMIs) in the Project ‘NMI-Metrology User Relation’ with the objective to develop new NMI services or consolidate existing services.
The services developed and consolidated during the Project were:
- Consultancy services.
- Training programs.
- Calibration services (Group Calibration).
The guide presents different tools to facilitate the implementation of new services and consolidaton of existing services to be provided by the NMI to metrology users (industry, universities, governmental bodies, consumer, etc).
The presentation of these tools is made in such a way that you can easily select those that apply to your NMI, depending on its current conditions.
Each tool is linked with different documents that show how the participants applied the Tool during the project. In order to navigate through this Guide to linked documents, follow the 'navigation path' described in the item 'How to use this guide'.
Instructions to use this Guide
For ease of reading, it is advisable to use the guide as follows:
1. Please start with section 'Strategic options'. This chapter allows you to identify the starting point and the scope of the subsequent activities.
2. Please continue with section 'Key phases'. This chapter provides an overview on the processes involved in the development of NMI services, helps to identify the initial steps and to select the particular tool that supports you in the development and implementation of the service. Identify the Tool that you wish to consult.
3. Review the table of characteristics of the selected Tool (Bild einer Tool-Anleitung page 8/91)
4. Read the supporting information linked to each Tool. (Bild mit Tool und Pfeilen zu weiterführender Info page 9/91)