The department's task area covers legal metrology, conformity assessment, certification and technology transfer and is regulated by national and European requirements and standards.
Main tasks are:
- co-ordination of legal metrology in PTB
- management of the office of PTB Conformity Assessment Body
- technology transfer of PTB's research and development results
- co-operation in national and international bodies (DIN, European Commission, WELMEC, OIML, NoBoMet)
- political consulting concerning legal metrology, conformity assessment and technology transfer
- co-ordination of communication of the German Conformity Assessment Bodies in Metrology (according to the German Weights and Measures Act)