The working group is involved in the development and optimisation of dimensional metrology for micro- and nanotechnology. The instruments developed and used are mainly based on scanning probe microscopy methods. Apart from the design and setup of traceable Scanning Probe Microscope metrology systems also calibration standards and strategies are developed. Furthermore, calibration services in this field are provided for industry and institutes. Our aim is to keep and advance the high standards and low uncertainty of our nanometrology instruments.
Main focus of the research:
- Development of an ultraprecision Scanning Force Microscope (SFM)
- Investigation of hysteresis free scanner systems
- Development of high resolution probing systems
- Design and optimisation of a Nano Coordinate Measuring Machine
- Calibration of nano and micro standards